Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nehalem Performance Optimization (BIOS Edition)

Long-awaited recommendations on the BIOS options for IBM's Nehalem offerings.  I can't speak to their Westmere technology, having been unable to get my hands on it yet.  I did a considerable amount of research on this - at the end of the day, this has been an effort to aggregate IBM's standards, rather than me attempting to prove/disprove their statements.  I'm not sure I can take on IBM like that :-)


You can find the details in the link below, not a virus I promise:
(Update: MediaFire's link expired somehow.  Working with their techies to resolve)
Nehalem Recommendations (excel)


Official IBM notes on Performance:
http://www.sbsmn.org/Optimizing%20Nehalem%20server%20memory%20XSW03025USEN.pdf
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/support/system_x/dx360m2_dx360m3-cmos-settings-v1.2.txt


VMware notes on Turbo:
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/261540

Optimizing uEFI boot speed (recommendations forthcoming):

No comments:

Post a Comment